ONTAP Hardware

AFF A200 Disappearing ports

SAOhioDatacenter

I have 3 ports missing that I had been able to access prior to today. CIRSAN-01 e0d and CIRSAN-02 e0c and e0d are not longer displaying:

Node: CIRSAN-01
                                                  Speed(Mbps) Health
Port      IPspace      Broadcast Domain Link MTU  Admin/Oper  Status
--------- ------------ ---------------- ---- ---- ----------- --------
e0M       Default      Default          up   1500  auto/1000  healthy
e0a       Cluster      Cluster          up   9000  auto/10000 healthy
e0b       Default      Default          up   9000  auto/10000 healthy
e0c       Default      Default          -       -  auto/-     -
e0e       Default      -                down 9000  auto/10    -
e0f       Default      -                down 9000  auto/10    -

Node: CIRSAN-02
                                                  Speed(Mbps) Health
Port      IPspace      Broadcast Domain Link MTU  Admin/Oper  Status
--------- ------------ ---------------- ---- ---- ----------- --------
e0M       Default      Default          up   1500  auto/1000  healthy
e0a       Cluster      Cluster          up   9000  auto/10000 healthy
e0b       Default      Default          up   9000  auto/10000 healthy
e0e       Default      -                down 9000  auto/10    -
e0f       Default      -                down 9000  auto/10    -
11 entries were displayed.

None of these ports are phyically connected but with them missing I'm getting and error on my default broadcast domain,

I was able to do an -up-admin false and -up-admin true command on these ports before they dissapeared as an example, but now get a message "entry doesn't exist" when specifiying those ports on any command.

I'm searching for any command and steps to re-add them but haven't had any success with anything I've found.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

kahuna

please provide the output of 'ucadmin show' [node shell]

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

AlexDawson

I've seen port ASICs fail a few times, but since this is both controllers and not just a matched pair, it's probably software.

Due to the caution needed around troubleshooting, I would say that calling our support center is the right approach to take. Numbers are listed here - https://www.netapp.com/us/contact-us/support.aspx - or you can open a case via support.netapp.com and save time for the initial call.

kahuna

Wed Feb 14 12:57:07 UTC [CIRSAN-01: fct_tpd_work_thread_0: scsitarget.fcp.sfp.inserted:info]: An SFP was inserted into FC target adapter 0c.
Wed Feb 14 12:57:07 UTC [CIRSAN-01: fct_tpd_thread_2: scsitarget.fcp.sfp.invalid:error]: The SFP in FC adapter 0c is not valid. (speed/encoding mismatch - adapter supports 10 Gbit/Sec speeds but inserted SFP supports 2, 4, 8 Gbit/Sec)
Wed Feb 14 12:57:08 UTC [CIRSAN-01: ltm_services: netif.sfpNotSupported:error]: The SFP+ or QSFP+ module (unknown ) installed in e0c is not supported with this network interface.

Wed Feb 14 13:34:09 UTC [CIRSAN-01: fct_tpd_work_thread_0: scsitarget.fcp.sfp.inserted:info]: An SFP was inserted into FC target adapter 0d.
Wed Feb 14 13:34:09 UTC [CIRSAN-01: fct_tpd_thread_3: scsitarget.fcp.sfp.invalid:error]: The SFP in FC adapter 0d is not valid. (speed/encoding mismatch - adapter supports 10 Gbit/Sec speeds but inserted SFP supports 2, 4, 8 Gbit/Sec)
Wed Feb 14 13:34:10 UTC [CIRSAN-01: ltm_services: netif.sfpNotSupported:error]: The SFP+ or QSFP+ module (unknown ) installed in e0d is not supported with this network interface.

kahuna

please provide the output of 'ucadmin show' [node shell]

SAOhioDatacenter

The "ucadmin show" showed them as FC ports - they were changed without being noted. I changed them back and took the one in the default domain cluster out of the cluster so I could continue what I was wokring on. Thanks.

Public