ONTAP Hardware

ATTO FibreBridge 7500N factory reset

not_so_funny

Is there a way to do factory reset on 7500n? got a used one and it doesn't connect with dhcp (dhcp works with same cable and another system). what will happen if i buy serial cable and it asks for password? Or is there factory reset when the power cords are pulled?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

not_so_funny

Ah, great! I'm going to get a serial cable then...

Procedure

WARNING: Do not perform this action on more than one bridge at a time.
  • Disable access to the ATTO FibreBridge
    • For Fabric attached MetroCluster, disable the switchport before resetting the password
    • For stretched MetroClusters, disable the FC port before resetting the password
  • Reset the bridge configuration
    • To reset the bridge password, connect the serial cable to the bridge to access CLI (the serial port does not require a password).
    • Default baud rate is 115200.
    • From the serial command line execute
    • restoreconfiguration default

• If the command does not ask to restart, run the following command:
    • saveconfiguration restart

• The process of setting the bridge back to defaults implies that all settings will be reset including
      • IP address
      • configuration settings
  • Reconfigure the bridge according to the MetroCluster configuration guide (fabric/stretched)
  • Enable access to the ATTO FibreBridge
    • For Fabric attached MetroCluster, re-enable the switchport after reconfigure
    • For Fabric attached MetroCluster, re-enable the FC port after reconfigure

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

akiendl

not_so_funny

There is no solution, only:

Table of contents

1. Applies to
  2. Description

Or is it a QR-Code-Rallye and i have to follow the hidden data in the QR-Code below Description??

akiendl
you need to log in at the top of the page.

ak.

not_so_funny

Can smb. please suggest USB to RJ45 cable? Those i've found seem to have different RJ45 pin-out.

akiendl
did you use 11520 baud rate? the bridges and new fas/aff controllers do not use 9600 any more.

ak.

not_so_funny

no, i just connected it to the switch and looked at the empty dhcp status table. i don't have any serial cable and need to buy it...

not_so_funny

I wanted to buy the cable at the attached image, but the 6500n manual says pin 1 is DSR and not CTS (whatever that means...). Will it work?

not_so_funny

Ah, great! I'm going to get a serial cable then...

Procedure

WARNING: Do not perform this action on more than one bridge at a time.
  • Disable access to the ATTO FibreBridge
    • For Fabric attached MetroCluster, disable the switchport before resetting the password
    • For stretched MetroClusters, disable the FC port before resetting the password
  • Reset the bridge configuration
    • To reset the bridge password, connect the serial cable to the bridge to access CLI (the serial port does not require a password).
    • Default baud rate is 115200.
    • From the serial command line execute
    • restoreconfiguration default

• If the command does not ask to restart, run the following command:
    • saveconfiguration restart

• The process of setting the bridge back to defaults implies that all settings will be reset including
      • IP address
      • configuration settings
  • Reconfigure the bridge according to the MetroCluster configuration guide (fabric/stretched)
  • Enable access to the ATTO FibreBridge
    • For Fabric attached MetroCluster, re-enable the switchport after reconfigure
    • For Fabric attached MetroCluster, re-enable the FC port after reconfigure
Public