ONTAP Hardware

Convert old licenses to v2 format

jtejada

Hi all,

We have two FAS2240-4 systems we need to reinstall. I have downloaded the license files but format is V1 for v8.1 or earlier version but we have Ontap 8.2 installed and only accept v2 license format. how we have to proceed to reinstall licenses on these systems?

Regards,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

EWILTS_SAS

I believe the license agreements prevent anybody from sharing this with you.  You will need to contact NetApp and request it.  Given that you don't have a support contract, and 8.1 has reached end of support life, I'm not optimistic they'll get it to you.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Ontapforrum

For UPGRADE from 8.1 to 8.2 , license keys not required but if it is a clean install (as in your case) then you will need it.

Note: New license keys are only required if the system has been wiped clean and the new version keys are not available on Support Site. If you require new license keys, work with your NetApp Sales or Support representatives to submit a License Modification Request (reference this KB article).

https://kb.netapp.com/Advice_and_Troubleshooting/Data_Storage_Software/ONTAP_OS/What_is_the_procedure_to_request_License_Keys_for_different_versions_o...

Just FYI: This Hardware Model had reached EOL/EOS, and 8.2 is End-of-full support as well. If you have an assigned NetApp Account Manager, you could also reach out to him for any queries.

jtejada

I see this option is only allowed having a valid Software Support contract but we don't have it. Isn't it?Could we perform a downgrade to 8.1, install licenses and then upgrade to 8.2 version again?

Regards and thank you for quick answer.

Ontapforrum

Yes, that sounds like a plan. Get 8.1 back in, and then perform a standard upgrade to 8.2.

EWILTS_SAS

Note that 8.2 is only available to you if it was released while you were still under support.  New versions is part of what you're entitled to with a support contract.

jtejada

I don't see 8.1 version also. As I see it has been retired from Netapp. Could someone share this version?

EWILTS_SAS

I believe the license agreements prevent anybody from sharing this with you.  You will need to contact NetApp and request it.  Given that you don't have a support contract, and 8.1 has reached end of support life, I'm not optimistic they'll get it to you.

Public