ONTAP Hardware

Disk partition ownership

NetApp93

Hi All,

Currently building out an AFF-A150 for a tech refresh while following some documentation my predecessor left me regarding his last build out of the AFF-A220 we will be replacing. Our use case is pretty small, only acting as an NFS datastore for one vCenter and only using 12/24 bays on the internal shelf of the A150. We only use one aggregate, one volume, one SVM. Prior to creating his aggregate he assigned all data1 and data2 partitions to one of the two nodes, and left the root partitions where they were at. I find that I am unable to complete this step as apparently the CLI command for it went away post 9.9.1. What would be the reason you would want both all data partitions to be owned by one of the nodes? If the disk had it's data1 partition owned by node1, and data2 partition owned by node2, when that disk is assigned to an aggregate which is in turn owned by a specific node, would it only have use of one of its two data partitions?

Either way, from what I can tell I can no longer manually assigned partitions to specific nodes. Just trying to determine the best way to configure my aggregate to get the most space out of it, while also incorporating spares obviously. If this answer is somewhat obvious I apologize, still relatively new to ONTAP and storage in general.

TIA

0 REPLIES 0
Public