ONTAP Hardware

FAS3070 expansion

SQUALLWESKER

Hi there. We recently purchased 3 new enclosures for our FAS3070 and I have been looking for information about how to install them (without destroying everything ) with no luck. Can someone point me in the right direction? The setup is 2 controllers. 7-mode. 4 enclosures currently. Connected to our 2 Fibre Channel switches. If you need more information about our side let me know. Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3

JGPSHNTAP

So you bought 3 new shelves (or used) at this point for your 3070.  Are they FC shelves?  You can only add 6 shelves per fc loop, so you have to start another loop since you have 3.

Are you running MPHA,  you should really run config advisor and hopefully your netapp sales team can assist you.  Althought a 3070 is very old at this point.

I assuming you are runnin 7.x at this point

SQUALLWESKER

Hello,

Yes they are FC shelves. Thanks for the heads-up about the 6 shelf limit. I'm pretty new to all this (inherited the system) so I didn't know that part. I'll check out the config advisor. I think we are using MPHA. We are running ONTAP 8.x.

Do you happen to know if there is still a valid repository of documents around? It looks like they are missing from the documents section on the site. https://support.netapp.com/documentation/docweb/index.html?productID=30334

Thanks for your help!

aborzenkov

Must be some site problem. Open case by submitting feedback (link on the bottom of page). I have good experience with site support, usually they are quite responsive.

Public