ONTAP Hardware

Rebuilding FAS3020 - can't get out of CFE mode?

kurtgandy21

We are repurposing a FAS3020 it was previously in a cluster. I do a boot_backup, and a cntrl c and try to do a do a 4a from the menu but it errors out and reboots to the CFE mode? Any suggestions to get this head back to factory defaults?

KG.

5 REPLIES 5

kurtgandy21

After I get the menu and type in 4a, I get the error:

Panic: Illegal Disk Configuration n progress rc config_check on release Netapp Release Maintenance mode or reboot using the correct OS version ase 7.3.2P4?

KG.

mitchells

Are you doing MPHA to the disks in hardware disk ownership mode?

kurtgandy21

I did a boot_backup, chose 5 "maintenance", and did a "disk assign all", now I able to do a 4a from the menu.

Thanks.

KG

kurtgandy21

Mitchells,

Your question, "Are you doing MPHA to the disks in hardware disk ownership mode", made me look up disk ownership mode and I found the correct command.

Thanks.

KG.

mitchells

The FAS3020 by default uses hardware disk ownership, which means the filer owns disks that it sees in shelf module A and recognizes the disks in shelf module B as partner disks.  If you cable shelves to the head more than with just shelf module A, you need software disk ownership so that the filer can associate different adapter IDs and shelf IDs to the same set of disks.

Public