ONTAP Hardware

The export policy 'default' that is inherited from the parent volume does not contain any rules.

areti

Good day.

When creating Qtree (NetApp FAS2750), I get the warning: "The export policy 'default' that is inherited from the parent volume does not contain any rules. Therefore, the qtree associated with the policy will be inaccessible. Do you want to continue?" (see attached pic)

I am doing continue. Qtree builds successfully and everything works fine.

Can I ignore this warning or should I take some action?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

mrahul

The warning doesn't mean Qtree wont be created. 

The message is for your information so that you don't miss the export policy attributes that the parent volume carry which will be inherited by Qtree too.

By default, qtrees inherit the parent export policy of the containing volume if not otherwise specified at the time of creation. You can associate an export policy to a qtree when you create the qtree or at any time after you create the qtree.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

mrahul

The warning doesn't mean Qtree wont be created. 

The message is for your information so that you don't miss the export policy attributes that the parent volume carry which will be inherited by Qtree too.

By default, qtrees inherit the parent export policy of the containing volume if not otherwise specified at the time of creation. You can associate an export policy to a qtree when you create the qtree or at any time after you create the qtree.

Public