ONTAP Hardware

Warning: Port mapper failure - RPC: Unable to receive

AllenWJones

On one of my out of support FAS8020 SANs SPA is showing as offline in OnCommand but can be reached via PuTTy. When checking various network and boot settings we see this error: "Warning: Port mapper failure - RPC: Unable to receive". We have verified the cabling is correct for the Service Processors and Disk Shelves. IP addressing appears correct and can be pinged.

From the disconnected node when attempting to set cluster identity  or contact-info attributes we see this error: "Error: command failed: Node [nodename] on ring "Management" is offline."

The 'cluster show' command from the connected node shows "Health true" on itself and "Health false" on the disconnected node. The 'cluster show' command from the disconnected node shows "Health false" both on itself and the connected node.

The 'show -source nodes [nodename]' command under network interface check failover returns "Error: show failed: Cannot run this command because the system is not fully initialized. Wait a few minutes, and then try the command again." but never resolves or shows as completed.

I am admittedly new to this level of NetApp configuration and would value any assistance that can be given to help me sort out the red herrings from the actual issues.. Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

AllenWJones

ONTAP 8.1

Found bad/missing connections between SPA/SPB (facepalm) when reconnected the cluster came up normally.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

pedro_rocha

Hi, Can you share some outputs?

ONTAP version

system service-processor show

storage failover show

cluster ring show

system health alert show

AllenWJones

ONTAP 8.1

Found bad/missing connections between SPA/SPB (facepalm) when reconnected the cluster came up normally.

Public