ONTAP Rest API Discussions

Help with V3 snapdiff API on Windows

PeteTanenhaus

I am trying to prototype using the version 3 snapdiff api and have been running into access violations, etc.

I am using Visual Studio 2017 (and building x64) and I have built the x64 version of oncrpc.dll .

I have successfully issued the REST api's to generate an access token from the NetApp supplied license, and have also been able to issue the REST api to start a snapdiff session and return a session id and handle.

My code calls sd_rpc_connect_v3 with cluster ip address and session information from the rest call, and it succeeds and returns what appears to be a valid sd_connect_handle_t handle.

My problem is that calling any rpc calls with this handle (even sd_rpc_disconnect_v3) throws an access violation exception.

I believe I followed all of the instructions in the SDK documentation and I am using SDK DLL's and libraries in  lib\nt\x64\VS22.

This is the exception I consistently am getting:

PeteTanenhaus_0-1677617131285.png

Again, the connect appears to be successful and does return what appears to be a valid handle.

Any insight or suggestion would be greatly appreciated ....

2 REPLIES 2

Ontapforrum

No idea, only thing that I could ask you to check is - Is this option enabled ?

Run the commands below to enable

::> set adv

::> vserver snapdiff-rpc-server on -vserver <svm_name>

To verify

::> set adv

::> vserver snapdiff-rpc-server-show

PeteTanenhaus

The RPC server is turned on and as mentioned above, the rpc connect is successful and returns a handle, but subsequent rpc calls with the handle throw an exception.

Public