ONTAP Rest API Discussions

Query Blue XP AWS S3 keys

paulo2

Dear All! 

I have a problem: 

1. We using Bluexp / cloud manager. Our Netapps are running on AWS. 

Our goal is: 
1. I want to query the S3 keys using the Netapp systems 

2. I want to apply the new S3 keys for the Netapp systems 

How can i implement it? Usually we change the keys using the BlueXP GUI.

BR:
Pal 

5 REPLIES 5

ddegraaf

Hi Pal,

The endpoint '/protocols/s3/services/{svm.uuid}/users/{name}' should be able to satisfy your requirements.

If you are writing python automation against it, the S3User should be able to fit your needs. Let me know if those help and any specific gaps that they cannot fix.

Thanks!

Daniel

paulo2

Thx Daniel! 

I have one problem: 
1. If i checking the S3 access / secret key from BlueXP and System manager they give me a different results ! 

I cannot figure out why.

Aamer

Hi Paulo,

What sort of results are you getting. Where can I find that information? Can you attach that info too.

paulo2

Hi Aamer! 

The error which i got: 
1. First we have 3 cloud managers. When i want to test the get operations via cloud manager 

occm api interface i got this error: 

https://<cloud_manager_ip/occm/api-doc/protocols/s3/services/

i got http 404 code. We have 3 cloud managers we managing the systems via that. 

question: 

1. What is the correct way to get the volumes from CLoud managers? (RFunning on our ec2 instances) 

2. How can i setup authentication?

3. How can i query the S3 keys? 

Thanks 

Aamer

Paulo,

Are u able to access the ONTAP S3 User/Buckets configuration. Also, do you have permissions to create an ONTAP S3 User. That is the first step. I assume that you are able to do so. Coming back to your question on how to query S3 User keys, there is no way you can do so. Infact, you can't get the keys using GET call. Instead, you will either need to create a new user that will give you a new access keys, or you need to use PATCH API of S3 Users where you can 'regenerate' new pair of keys for the existing user. So, basically given the security concerns, you will be able to see the user keys only at the time you create a new user or you regenerate the user keys. Once that is done, we can't do a query on the keys.

Public