ONTAP Rest API Discussions

/api/protocols/file-security/permissions fails with missing SID

benkorvemaker

When trying to look up permissions on a path that has a SID that doesn't resolve to a name, i get

{ "error": { "message": "Failed to convert SID to a Windows name. Reason: \"SecD Error: object not found\". ", "code": "4849677" } }

There's a similar post here with the suggestion to tack on administrator/windows to the effective-permissions call, but that's not working for me either:

{"error": {"message": "Unexpected argument \"windows/%2F\".","code": "262179"}}

Digging through Discord, i found a similar post, with no replies.

Initially I hit this with powershell and Get-NcFileDirectorySecurity, but after digging got to this point.  Any suggestions or workarounds?

3 REPLIES 3

mbeattie

Hi Ben,

Which version of the PSTK are you using (Get-NaToolkitVersion) and which version of ONTAP are you running? Did you try using the -ontapi parameter to force the PSTK to revert to using ZAPI? By default if you don't specify that the PSTK will do an ONTAP system version check and if you are running >= 9.6 then the CmdLet's will use the REST API internally. Using the -ontapi parameter enables you to revert to using ZAPI's instead of REST. Just wondering if the cmdlet output would be the same?

/Matt

If this post resolved your issue, help others by selecting ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or adding a KUDO.

benkorvemaker

Hi Matt,

Running PSTK 9.12.1.2302 (just downloaded the other day) against ONTAP 9.10.1P9.  Using -ontapi, the property RestAcls isn't populated. The property Acls is an array of strings requiring decoding - possibly an option, but not a drop-in replacement.

Ben

benkorvemaker

Also, upgrading to ONTAP 9.11.1P8 didn't help.

Public