Object Storage

Creating Bucket for local Fabric Pool tier - Secret key error

netappbetatester

Hey guys, trying to knock this stupid migration project out and having some trouble getting this final piece going. Im using this guide: 

I'll add the KB (Please for the love of god read the KB)

Its pretty straightforward except I run into a issue right as I'm finishing the configurations. I see a dumb problem.

When I go to run "vserver object-store-server user create -vserver svm1-user OntapS3User" I don't see the Secret Key for the Object store Server when I run a show. ITs just blank, the access key is there but no secret key. Not that big of a deal but I cant go further without providing that secret key, need it for the FabricPool configuration.

Sems like I make some progress then, get halted by the most mundane of things lol

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Jacques_AMS

If you still don't see it even in diag mode I strongly suggest to open an official case.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Jacques_AMS

blank secret key must almost mean you run the show command in admin mode, not advanced or diag.

netappbetatester

It's hard to say it appeared after I added some server policies to the svm like data-core, and s3-data-core. But I had to elevate to do it.

Jacques_AMS

If you still don't see it even in diag mode I strongly suggest to open an official case.

netappbetatester

Thank you, I was able to see it and got it added but have run into another issue unrelated to this lol. Im setting up the backup software to talk to the filer and am having issues with the NDMP service.

Public