Object Storage

FabricPool Mirror Handling

Fabian1993

Hi Guys,

how will the Tiering handled if the primary Bucket goes down. My unterstanding of that is, the Cluster is start reading from the secondary Bucket but the tiering(put)operation will be paused. To start that I have to switch the primary with the secondary Bucket, is that true?

I only found information about the GET operations (TR-4598 )

Under normal circumstances, all GET operations take place from the primary bucket. Only if connectivity
is interrupted to the primary bucket will GET operations take place from the secondary bucket.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Tudor

It is documented in TR-4598

"Under normal circumstances, all GET operations take place from the primary bucket. Only if connectivity is interrupted to the primary bucket will GET operations take place from the secondary bucket.
If connectivity is lost to either bucket, tiering is temporarily suspended until connectivity is established."

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Tudor

Yes, that is correct. If the primary bucket is unavailable, no FP tiering will take place in order to avoid the primary and secondary buckets being out of sync.

Fabian1993

Hi @Tudor,

is there any document about that, because I found nothing.

Regards

Tudor

It is documented in TR-4598

"Under normal circumstances, all GET operations take place from the primary bucket. Only if connectivity is interrupted to the primary bucket will GET operations take place from the secondary bucket.
If connectivity is lost to either bucket, tiering is temporarily suspended until connectivity is established."

Public