Object Storage

SG6000 Storage Controller Firmware Upgrade

jimb32

We recently upgraded our StorageGRID environment to 11.5. As part of this I thought it would upgrade the firmware on the storage nodes (SG6000) but it doesn't appear to. The firmware version on the storage nodes is 8.62. We recently added another storage node which is firmware version 8.71. We want to upgrade the firmware on the original nodes to 8.7 but I can't find any steps to do this. The documentation discusses upgrading drive firmware but this doesn't seem to be the same thing. Or do I have to upgrade the SANtricity OS on the nodes? The version numbers don't seem to match up. Or did I miss a step in the 11.5 upgrade?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

NetApp_AU

Hello,

You can use the procedure in Upgrading SANtricity OS on the storage controllers using the Grid Manager.

When you upgrade the SANtricity OS, it also updates the controller firmware. If you want controller firmware 8.71, you can install SANtricity OS 11.70.1R1.

Team NetApp

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

NetApp_AU

Hello,

You can use the procedure in Upgrading SANtricity OS on the storage controllers using the Grid Manager.

When you upgrade the SANtricity OS, it also updates the controller firmware. If you want controller firmware 8.71, you can install SANtricity OS 11.70.1R1.

Team NetApp
Public