OpenStack Discussions

Error when creating cinder volume snapshot

arndt

Hi all,

as I continue to play with the NetApp cinder driver, I am getting the following error when trying to create a volume snapshot using horizon.  The error occurs in the cinder-volume log file:

2014-01-08 15:18:38.482 7579 TRACE cinder.openstack.common.rpc.amqp NotFound: No interface found on cluster for ip vs05_arndt_de

The "vs05_arndt_de" portion above is the name of the vserver on which I have the cinder volume currently sitting, and I am able to create volumes and launch instances from volumes that reside on my NetApp storage system, so I believe that I have the NetApp cinder plugin configured properly.  Any ideas what is going on here?  Thanks,

Mike

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

arndt

Replying to my own post here, I figured it out.  It looks like the cinder nfs_shares config file must have the vserver given as an IP, not as a hostname, in order for everything to work correctly with the cinder NetApp driver.

Mike

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

arndt

Replying to my own post here, I figured it out.  It looks like the cinder nfs_shares config file must have the vserver given as an IP, not as a hostname, in order for everything to work correctly with the cinder NetApp driver.

Mike

View solution in original post

Announcements
NetApp on Discord Image

We're on Discord, are you?

Live Chat, Watch Parties, and More!

Explore Banner

Meet Explore, NetApp’s digital sales platform

Engage digitally throughout the sales process, from product discovery to configuration, and handle all your post-purchase needs.

NetApp Insights to Action
I2A Banner
Public