If you missed the pre-registration for NetApp MS Azure AD B2C, the new login prompt will offer the option to register. Please note that access to your NetApp data may take up to 1 hour.
To learn more, read the FAQ and watch the video.
Need assistance? Complete this form and select “Registration Issue” as the Feedback Category.

OpenStack Discussions

Openstack Object storage (swift) setup issue with Netapp filer - missing some steps

Nainesh

Hi Everyone,

I am new to Openstack deployment with Netapp filer.

What I am trying to do is install Openstack in my environment  having glance, cinder and swift setup on volumes of Netapp filer.

Out of above there, I was successfully able to setup glance and cinder by creating mount point on Netapp filer.

I have a template file where I have follwoing path set for glance and cinder:

glancesgare: a.b.c.d:/vol/myproj_test_volume/myproj_QTree netappnfs

cindersgare: a.b.c.d:/vol/myproj_test_volume/myproj_QTree netappnfs

What I expect:

swiftshare: a.b.c.d/?????????

I don't know how to setup awift with Netapp filer. I have created "luns" also on Netapp filer but don't know how to use them for swift setup , like should I pass the luns device id, dev name, mount point, ?? to swiftshare: line above.

Please help me out here.

Thanks in advance.

3 REPLIES 3

Bishoy

There is no special driver/configuration using NetApp FAS systems with Swift. You can just use the tradition way of mounting a LUN on a linux machine where you store your swift object store.

There is a nice E-series integration though that is the openstack deployments guide by NetApp.

Nainesh

Thanks BIshoy,

I will try mounting lun and use it for swift sotrage.

Thanks a lot again.

dcain

You may find it useful to look at the recently released CVD Deployment Guide for Red Hat OpenStack Platform 6 on FlexPod.  This document details in a later section installing Swift on NetApp E-Series (which we recommend for a production deployment), although you can substitute the instructions for iSCSI LUNs presented from the NetApp FAS in place of the E-Series LUNs.

Document is available here: http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/unified_computing/ucs/UCS_CVDs/flexpod_openstack_osp6.html

Thanks,
Dave

Announcements
NetApp on Discord Image

We're on Discord, are you?

Live Chat, Watch Parties, and More!

Explore Banner

Meet Explore, NetApp’s digital sales platform

Engage digitally throughout the sales process, from product discovery to configuration, and handle all your post-purchase needs.

NetApp Insights to Action
I2A Banner
Public