Yes, You can change the serial no. & system ids.
When you started the simulator it asks
Press the space bar when the Hit [Enter] to boot immediately, or any other key
for command prompt.
You should see a VLOADER> prompt.
1. Change the Serial Number and System ID for this node:
VLOADER> setenv SYS_SERIAL_NUM 4034389-06-2
VLOADER> setenv bootarg.nvram.sysid 4034389062
2. Verify that the information was saved correctly by entering the following two commands:
VLOADER> printenv SYS_SERIAL_NUM
VLOADER> printenv bootarg.nvram.sysid
3. Enter the boot command to boot the node: VLOADER> boot
The simulator begins the boot process with the new system id and serial number
But before this you have to change this Vmware workstations setting.
1. Edit node two Virtual Machine Settings.
2. Under the Hardware tab, select the Serial Port device and rename the Use named pipe to
(vsim-cm-N2 is the name of the simulator folder).
3. Under the Hardware tab, select the Serial Port 2 device and rename the Use named pipe to