Simulator Discussions

8.2 CMode cluster license issue (no install!)

gmilazzoitag

Hi all,

I've a really boring license issue. I'm using the ESX version.

Attempting to put the cluster license on the first node from the "vsim_licenses_812.txt" the answer from system is that is wrong.

Cluster Base License (Serial Number 1-80-000008) look at this strange serial (???)

================================================

You use the cluster base license when setting up the first simulator in a cluster.

Cluster Base license = SMKQROWJNQYQSDAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

I've also tried the one in the PDF (ETYYFLXUQUMADFAAAAAAAAAAAAAA), same result.

The strange is in the txt license files two serials are mentioned for the 2 nodes to install other licenses: 4079432753 and 4034389062 but in my running simulator I can read from env that values are this:

SYS_SERIAL_NUL=4055372-81-6 (???)

bootarg.nvram.sysid = 4055372816 (this seems a sim serial...)

Please help.

Thank you,

NOTE: In the ESX version networking on VMX file is wrong because you've to remove the vNIC and recreate from scratch. The original ones belong to a VMware Player/WS env because 2 are internal only and the other 2 are nat.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

rainer_s

From 8.2, licenses are locked to the serial number of the node..

you have to change your sim serials to the both from the txt file to make it work..

regards

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

rainer_s

Hi,

vsim_licenses_812.txt looks like cDot 8.1.2 Licenses

Netapp changed the Licenses from 8.1.x to 8.2.x

if your have the 8.2 Simulator you have to use the new Licenses.

regards

Rainer

gmilazzoitag

I know that licensing has deeply changed in 8.2.

But, sorry, I've made a mistake reporting the name of the file. I've used the license found in the correct link and file (CMode_licenses_8.2.0GA.txt) but maybe I've tried to use this on a preceding 8.1.2 installation!

Regards

rainer_s

From 8.2, licenses are locked to the serial number of the node..

you have to change your sim serials to the both from the txt file to make it work..

regards

gmilazzoitag

I think that I've really tried to use 8.2 license on a 8.1.2 installation...

I know that licenses are bound to serial (too mani years of free license? ) and I think I will have to change from loader using setenv also if this is not documented in the simulator installation manual for version 8.2

Regards

Public