Simulator Discussions

Simulater without VMware. ( laptops which did not support VT )

rockeyjay

Hi,

Can we able to install Netapp simulator 7 mode on window laptop? My laptop is not supportting virtualization technology ( so i am not able to install VMware).

If we can have option to install simulator on windows OS directly, please let know the version and link to download ontap.

Thanks,

Jay.

2 REPLIES 2

AlexDawson

Hi there!

Unfortunately not - seems a bit unusual though that your laptop doesn't support it. Check Intel's CPU ID program - you might need to enable vt-d / vt-x in the BIOS first - https://www.intel.com.au/content/www/au/en/support/articles/000005486/processors.html

Otherwise, maybe get a cheap older desktop (ideally with 16GB of RAM) to run it on. ONTAP is an operating system, not a program.

Hope this helps!

rockeyjay

Hi Alex,

Thanks for the update. As adviced, i have checked my laptop with that link..(T4400) VT - not supported.

My laptop: DELL Inspiron 1545

Processor : Pentium(R) Dual-Core CPU T4400 @2.20GHz, 2200Mhz.

..But my friend have the laptop ( Lenovo T740).. with linux OS and KVM ( windows 7 ) in it. Can I able to install simulator
on Windows KVM ? If yes, please get me the link of 7 mode.

Thanks

Jay

Announcements
NetApp on Discord Image

We're on Discord, are you?

Live Chat, Watch Parties, and More!

Explore Banner

Meet Explore, NetApp’s digital sales platform

Engage digitally throughout the sales process, from product discovery to configuration, and handle all your post-purchase needs.

NetApp Insights to Action
I2A Banner
Public