Simulator Discussions

Simulator Console not responding on ESXi Host

caroman81

When I try to run the simulator on an ESXi host the console stops responding, it might take several minutes to show the boot menu, on the other hand, when I install it in my local machine using the same ova file this doesn't happen. I am following instructions from the document http://community.netapp.com/fukiw75442/attachments/fukiw75442/simulator-discussions/1597/1/Simulate_ONTAP_8.3_Installation_andSetup_Guide.pdf

any ideas?

3 REPLIES 3

SeanHatfield

Is that the one where the autoboot timer counts down to 1 then hangs for a long time before it actually boots?

If so, click into the VMware console window and hit enter. 

If this post resolved your issue, help others by selecting ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or adding a KUDO.

caroman81

It is ok now. My mistake, I took it for granted that sofware requirements were minimum sofware requirements, but it isn't. Using vSphere 5.5 instead of 6.0 solves the "problem".

pzi

I run simulator 8.3.2 on my home esxi 6u2 with no problem.  At work with esxi 6u2 patched to much later version one node console is consistently stuck - the other is just working fine. There must be something else at play here.

Public