Effective December 3, NetApp adopts Microsoft’s Business-to-Customer (B2C) identity management to simplify and provide secure access to NetApp resources.
For accounts that did not pre-register (prior to Dec 3), access to your NetApp data may take up to 1 hour as your legacy NSS ID is synchronized to the new B2C identity.
To learn more, read the FAQ and watch the video.
Need assistance? Complete this form and select “Registration Issue” as the Feedback Category.

Software Development Kit (SDK) and API Discussions

Ansible newbie question

benpielaml

I see for every NetApp module, the parameters username and password exist.  If I am running my Ansible playbook from a linux box that has root passwordless ssh configured into the filers, do I need the password parameter?

4 REPLIES 4

JohnChampion

All connections run as "localhost" and the Python modules handle the authentication to ONTAP through netapplib  - which is why every module has the user/password parameters. It doesn't use your locally logged in account for anything related to ONTAP.  

benpielaml

How do I download NetApp Python libraries without using pip?

gaurav_verma

I like to download using PIP but still you should get it here. 

https://github.com/ansible/ansible/tree/devel/lib/ansible/modules/storage/netapp

and they are latest. 

benpielaml

Also, am I missing something in the na_ontap_volume module?  There is a parameter for percent_snapshot_space but not a parameter for the snapshot policy?

Announcements
NetApp on Discord Image

We're on Discord, are you?

Live Chat, Watch Parties, and More!

Explore Banner

Meet Explore, NetApp’s digital sales platform

Engage digitally throughout the sales process, from product discovery to configuration, and handle all your post-purchase needs.

NetApp Insights to Action
I2A Banner
Public