The community is undergoing maintenance and is in Read-Only mode. Click to learn more.

Software Development Kit (SDK) and API Discussions

Compiling examples from the SDK on OS X

SOMECLOWN

Greetings,

I'm just playing with the SDK at this point, working on some proof-of-concept stuff and generally trying to familiarize myself with it.  However, after trying to compile the "hello_ontapi.c" example code snippet using first gcc and then clang, it occurred to me that I hadn't checked for compatibility.  I'm getting an error and a couple of warnings, and I'm just curious before I go too much further if anyone has successfully developed, in C, on OSX, using the SDK?  Errors are below for those that care.  Thanks in advance.

In file included from ./hello_ontapi.c:27:

./netapp_api.h:125:9: error: unknown type name 'uint64_t'

_EXTERN uint64_t        na_child_get_uint64(na_elem_t *, const char *,

^

./netapp_api.h:126:5: warning: type specifier missing, defaults to 'int' [-Wimplicit-int]

uint64_t);

^~~~~~~~

./netapp_api.h:128:24: warning: type specifier missing, defaults to 'int' [-Wimplicit-int]

const char * name, uint64_t);

^~~~~~~~

2 warnings and 1 error generated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

SOMECLOWN

Yeah... looks like this might be a pointless exercise.  None of the included libraries will link (no native OS X/Darwin libraries in the SDK).  I had hoped to avoid Visual Studio, but back over to Windows I suppose.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

SOMECLOWN

Update: It definitely looks like a porting issue.  I included stdint.h and that fixed the problems above, but generated a ton more.  I'll keep going until I get stuck, but if anyone knows of a project or github or anything with some of this work already done I'd be much appreciated. 

SOMECLOWN

Yeah... looks like this might be a pointless exercise.  None of the included libraries will link (no native OS X/Darwin libraries in the SDK).  I had hoped to avoid Visual Studio, but back over to Windows I suppose.

View solution in original post

Announcements
NetApp on Discord Image

We're on Discord, are you?

Live Chat, Watch Parties, and More!

Explore Banner

Meet Explore, NetApp’s digital sales platform

Engage digitally throughout the sales process, from product discovery to configuration, and handle all your post-purchase needs.

NetApp Insights to Action
I2A Banner
Public