Software Development Kit (SDK) and API Discussions

How To Integrate Into StorageGrid?

AMARCIONEK1

Hello,

We have an immediate need from a NetApp reseller to integrate our product into the StorageGrid's REST API interface.  The API documentation is all fairly straightforward. However, the document states we need help from a NetApp Solutions Engineer to get an XAID, and of course we will need some way to test our integration. To my knowledge, my company is not a direct partner of NetApp, but I could be mistaken. Could someone point us in the direction to get this process started?

Thank you,

Adam Marcionek

Chief Architect

Seven10 Storage Software

60 Island Street | Lawrence, MA 01840

P. 978.725.5504

E. amarcionek@seven10storage.com

www.seven10storage.com

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

ifuchs

Hi Adam,

I will put you in touch with the right person.

Thanks,

Ingo

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

bbjholcomb

Not sure if this helps:

Obtain XAID application identifer from Bycast

X-BYC-XAID

Identifies the external application that stored the object.

Every application receives a unique External Application Identifier (XAID) from Bycast as part of the formal integration process. When an application stores an object it should always store its XAID identifier as part of the custom metadata stored with the object. This permits an application to only see its own objects by adding the XAID as a query field when performing metadata queries on a grid that is shared with other applications.

CSTR data type

Optional

# XAID is a predefined metadata tag

AMARCIONEK1

Yes, but how do I "Obtain XAID application identifer from Bycast (NetApp)" ?

ifuchs

Hi Adam,

I will put you in touch with the right person.

Thanks,

Ingo

AMARCIONEK1

Thanks Ingo.

NATHAUSMAN

Adam,

Since my company sells StorageGrid as a fully-managed service, your question sparked my interest.  Do you plan to offer an alternative solution to StorageGrid’s File System Gateway?  Feel free to contact me directly.

For the rest of the group, 

What other applications integrate with StorageGrid? 

Thanks,

Tobias

Tobias Hausmann

Integration Engineer

Iron Mountain

Office: (617) 535-2849

E-Mail: Tobias.Hausmann@IronMountain.com

ifuchs

Hi Tobias,

using the StorageGRID API we have integration with a number of vendors. Most notably we added NTP Software recently (for automated, policy-based data movement into StorageGRID among other things). We also recently tested integration with Mezeo using CDMI.

See my recent blog post here:

https://communities.netapp.com/community/netapp-blogs/bigdatabingo/blog/2012/11/05/good-news-on-the-object-storage-ecosystem-front

Feel free to reach out directly at ifuchsATnetappDOTcom.

Ingo

NATHAUSMAN

Ingo,

I read your blog.  It was very helpful. 

Thanks,

Tobias

Public