Software Development Kit (SDK) and API Discussions

Ontap select license for development

AlbertoGonzalez

I work for ISV and I develop an application that integrates with netapp ontap apis to collect information so that our customers can use our application with their netapps. We have deployed ontap select virtual appliance to develop but after 30 days it stop working and have to redeploy new one.

Is it possible to get a permanent free license to develop against netapp ontap select virtual? if so where should i ask for it?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

AlexDawson

Apologies for the delay. You should see an email now, to our UK Partner team. 

In the meantime, our simulator is available for download at https://mysupport.netapp.com/site/tools/tool-eula/simulate-ontap

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

AlexDawson

Hi there!

Have you tried our simulator? It is free for use - the limit is on capacity.

If ONTAP Select is a better option, please reach out to your partner representative. If you do not know who that is, please message me with your corporate contact details and I will put you in touch.

Thanks!

AlbertoGonzalez

I messaged you! can you check?

AlexDawson

Apologies for the delay. You should see an email now, to our UK Partner team. 

In the meantime, our simulator is available for download at https://mysupport.netapp.com/site/tools/tool-eula/simulate-ontap

Hope this helps!

AlbertoGonzalez

I tried to use simulator meantime but I cant enable audit because root aggr is full and I cant resize disks on vmware esx.

netapp::> vserver audit create -destination /vol_audit -format XML -rotate-size 5MB -rotate-limit 0 -vserver svm1

Error: command failed: Failed to create audit configuration for Vserver "svm1". Reason: [Job 83] Job failed: Metadata verification failed. [Job 88] Job failed: Failed to create the volume on node
"arexdata-01". Reason: Request to create volume "MDV_aud_0a46b7fe5c8447f5b03f5b2e4aa7603a" failed because there is not enough space in aggregate "aggr0_netapp_01". Create 2.01GB of free space inthe aggregate.

How can get around this? or use the other aggr that has space to enable audit?

😆 storage aggregate show

Aggregate Size Available Used% State #Vols Nodes RAID Status
--------- -------- --------- ----- ------- ------ ---------------- ------------
aggr0_netapp_01
1.67GB 4.63MB 99% online 1 arexdata-01 raid_dp,
normal
netapp_01_FC_1
26.37GB 16.25GB 38% online 7 arexdata-01 raid_dp,
normal
2 entries were displayed.

AlexDawson

Hi there!

"storage disk show" should show a number of disks not part of an aggregate. You can add them to the root aggregate using "storage aggregate add-disks" and then create a new volume.

Hope this helps!

Public