The transition to NetApp MS Azure AD B2C is complete. If you missed the pre-registration, you will be invited to reigister at next log in.
Please note that access to your NetApp data may take up to 1 hour.
To learn more, read the FAQ and watch the video.
Need assistance? Complete this form and select “Registration Issue” as the Feedback Category.

Software Development Kit (SDK) and API Discussions

SDK and Eclipse (Newby Question)

ERKANAKSOY

Hello,

This is going to be a nooby question.

I have been working with NetApp filers for 2 years and I am new to Eclipse, I would like to develop applications using Eclipse and NetApp Managebility SDK.

I have downloaded the SDK, Eclipse is running fine. I also have ZEDI working.

What I am doing is copying the code from ZEDI and pasting it to a new project in Eclipse but import part throwing error as it can't find the following packages :

import netapp.manage.NaElement;
import netapp.manage.NaException;
import netapp.manage.NaServer;

I tried to import jar files in lib folder of the SDK but still having the issue.

Any help is going to be appriciated. Also I am open to any related guides.

Thanks

1 REPLY 1

zulanch

You need to add the manageontap.jar file to your Build Path in Eclipse. Once added, Eclipse will be able to see and access the netapp.manage.* classes in your import statements.

Here's a good beginner's guide to add Jars to your Build Path: http://www.wikihow.com/Add-JARs-to-Project-Build-Paths-in-Eclipse-%28Java%29

Let me know if you run into any problems getting set up.

-Ben

Announcements
NetApp on Discord Image

We're on Discord, are you?

Live Chat, Watch Parties, and More!

Explore Banner

Meet Explore, NetApp’s digital sales platform

Engage digitally throughout the sales process, from product discovery to configuration, and handle all your post-purchase needs.

NetApp Insights to Action
I2A Banner
Public