Software Development Kit (SDK) and API Discussions

perl: unable to filter 'event-list-iter-start' using 'event-severities' parameter (dfm 5.2p2)

jimwelchgt

I'm pulling the list of current events using perl and the API. I can get a list of events and I can filter the list using some of the documented parameters.

('include-deleted-objects','FALSE','is-acknowledged','FALSE','is-deleted','FALSE', etc...)

But if I try to use

$output = $s->invoke("event-list-iter-start",'event-severities','critical');

I get the same number of events reguardless of what severity level I try (normal, information, warning, critical, etc...) I can put any string as a value

to the event-severities parameter and I get no errors and the same list of events.

NetApp.pm from netap-manageability-sdk-5.2.1R1

dfm 5.2p2 (one is 7-mode, the other cluster, same behaviour)

There are only normal and information events on my servers so I should get 0 events from the API call, but I get hundreds of normal and information

events. The check would be much more efficient if I could only get warning and above events, but I can't get the filter to work as documented.

sample code:

---

#!/usr/bin/perl

my $VERSION = '1.0';    # Controls the SDK release.

use strict;

use lib '/usr/local/share/perl5/NetApp';     #<====change to match locaion of your NaServer.pm file

use NaServer;

our $port=<port>;             #<==============insert your port here

our $filer="<dfmserver>";  #<==============insert your DFM server ip or fqdn here

our $s = NaServer->new($filer, 1, 0);

$s->set_admin_user($user, $password);

$s->set_server_type('DFM');

$s->set_transport_type('HTTPS');

$s->set_port($port);

$output = $s->invoke("event-list-iter-start",'include-deleted-objects','FALSE','is-acknowledged','FALSE','is-deleted','FALSE','event-severities','error');

if ($output->results_errno != 0) {

our $r = $output->results_reason();

print "Failed: $r\n";

} else {

my $tag = $output->child_get_string("tag");

my $records = $output->child_get_string("records");

print "$records available...next tag is $tag\n";

}

---

0 REPLIES 0
Announcements
NetApp on Discord Image

We're on Discord, are you?

Live Chat, Watch Parties, and More!

Explore Banner

Meet Explore, NetApp’s digital sales platform

Engage digitally throughout the sales process, from product discovery to configuration, and handle all your post-purchase needs.

NetApp Insights to Action
I2A Banner
Public