VMware Solutions Discussions

Exchange 2010 on VMware

Martin_Dodd

Hi

I am new to the forum, we have had a long standing performance issue with our Exchange 2010 DAG so have come looking for some advice please.

We are running Exchange 2010 SP3 Roll Up 5 on FAS3220 Filers running OnTap 8.1.3P3

The Aggregate that holds our Exchange VMs and databases is always maxed out of IOPs by Exchange.

I have read recently that we should not run the Exchange VMs on the same spindles as the DBs, is this correct and does it apply to our version of Exchange?

I can provide more details about our setup if required but dont want to bore anyone with too much detail.

Apparently I am led to believe the 3000 IOPs that our SAS disks provide should be more than sufficient. We have about 5000 users and 24x 300Gb DBs running.

Thanks very much

1 REPLY 1

Sahana

Hi,

Please refer the article for implementing Exchange 2010 on VMware http://community.netapp.com/t5/Tech-OnTap-Articles/Exchange-2010-on-VMware/ta-p/84737

If this post resolved your issue, help others by selecting ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or adding a KUDO.
Announcements
NetApp on Discord Image

We're on Discord, are you?

Live Chat, Watch Parties, and More!

Explore Banner

Meet Explore, NetApp’s digital sales platform

Engage digitally throughout the sales process, from product discovery to configuration, and handle all your post-purchase needs.

NetApp Insights to Action
I2A Banner
Public