VMware Solutions Discussions

SMVI script error

mheimberg

Hi

In an environment running vSphere 4, vCenter Server on Windows 2008 and SMVI 2.0 the backup job fails when including a script:

ERROR - FLOW-11019: Failure in ScriptExecutionTask: java.lang.reflect.UndeclaredThrowableException
java.lang.reflect.UndeclaredThrowableException
    at $Proxy87.retrieveProperties(Unknown Source)
    at com.netapp.smvi.task.vmware.util.VirtualMachineUtil.queryVm(VirtualMachineUtil.java:60)
    at com.netapp.smvi.task.vmware.util.VirtualMachineUtil.getVirtualMachinePowerState(VirtualMachineUtil.java:126)
    at com.netapp.smvi.task.scripting.ScriptExecutionTask.execute(ScriptExecutionTask.java:104)
    at com.netapp.common.flow.TaskInstanceTemplate.execute(TaskInstanceTemplate.java:317)
    at com.netapp.common.flow.ForLoopTemplate.execute(ForLoopTemplate.java:141)
    at com.netapp.common.flow.Operation.executeCurrentStack(Operation.java:140)
    at com.netapp.common.flow.Operation.execute(Operation.java:55)
    at com.netapp.common.flow.Threadpool$OperationThread.run(Threadpool.java:257)
Caused by: com.sun.xml.internal.messaging.saaj.SOAPExceptionImpl: No NamespaceURI, SOAP requires faultcode content to be a QName
    at com.sun.xml.internal.messaging.saaj.soap.impl.FaultImpl.setFaultCode(Unknown Source)
    at com.sun.xml.internal.messaging.saaj.soap.impl.FaultImpl.setFaultCode(Unknown Source)
    at org.apache.cxf.jaxws.JaxWsClientProxy.createSoapFault(JaxWsClientProxy.java:243)
    at org.apache.cxf.jaxws.JaxWsClientProxy.invoke(JaxWsClientProxy.java:194)
    ... 9 more
2010-05-07 23:36:25,964 [backup:96f5e2d0bc868f772683c0aed91e73dd:] ERROR - FLOW-11010: Operation transitioning to abort due to prior failure.

The job runs fine without script, and the script could be involved without problem on another SMVI server.

Security on folders and files seems to be ok, I also tried to disable UAC, but of no avail.

What else could I try to find out the reason for the failure?

Regards

Mark

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

ydk
NetApp Alumni

Does the backup job include any VM templates? If yes, just to confirm you can create a tempoarary backup job with no VM templates but with same script and see if that works. If it is related to templates, you probably are hitting a known issue.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

ydk
NetApp Alumni

Does the backup job include any VM templates? If yes, just to confirm you can create a tempoarary backup job with no VM templates but with same script and see if that works. If it is related to templates, you probably are hitting a known issue.

mheimberg

Yes, there are indeed templates in that datastore.

I will try to move them away.

Mark

findlay

I seem to be hitting the same problem.  Are you saying that the mere presence of a template in the datastore we're trying to backup will prevent scripts from running?  If so, when is it going to be fixed?  It's 4 months at least that this problem has been around...

Public