Community maintenance is complete. Thank you for your patience!

VMware Solutions Discussions

Script to register vm's on a snapmirror

gary_thomas

Morning,

I was hoping someone could advise of a script or a util to register all the VM's into a ESX environment after snapmirror is broken to a DR site just to automate a timesink process.

Be nice if it had some sort of GUI that you could select just the ones you want, but anything would do nicely atm.

I expect this is a fairly common thing, so hopefully there is a fair bit of material around already instead of having to write my own.

Cheers

1 REPLY 1

erick_moore

I  have a few things over at my site: theselights.com .   The ESX to vSphere migration posts should have what you need.  Here is the VM registration piece:

#----{ Register VMs that were chosen to be migrated

Write-Host "Registering VMs to: " $newVC
Foreach ($vm in $vmsToMigrate) {

dir $storePath | where {$_.PSChildName -like "*$vm*"} | % { New-VM -vmhost $vSphereHost -VMFilePath $_.DatastoreFullPath } | Out-Null

}

The variables get set earlier in the script so I would recommend checking the full thing out.  There are other scripts on there that will break your SnapMirror, find all VMs on a datastore, etc.

Thanks,

Erick

Announcements
NetApp on Discord Image

We're on Discord, are you?

Live Chat, Watch Parties, and More!

Explore Banner

Meet Explore, NetApp’s digital sales platform

Engage digitally throughout the sales process, from product discovery to configuration, and handle all your post-purchase needs.

NetApp Insights to Action
I2A Banner
Public