VMware Solutions Discussions

VSC 2.0 Provisioning and Cloning Connection Error

jifversen

I am attempting to configure the VSC Provisioning and Cloning functionallity in a vCenter 4.1 (backend ESX 4.0) environment.  Everytime I try and add the storage controller, it just sits there for a long time, then finally comes back with a timeout error.  This storage system has multiple IP addresses associated with it (1 for management, 1 for CIFS, 1 for iSCSI and 1 for NFS).  I have tried using both the managment and CIFS ip connections with the same results.  The iSCSI and NFS networks are not routeable, so I am unable to talk with them directly from the vCenter server (a common configuration, I would imagine).

I have looked at the filer options that seemed relevant to this, but am still not having any luck.  I am open to any and all suggestions at this point.

Thanks,

-Jody

7 REPLIES 7

amritad

I’m wondering if you hit this error because of the temp NFS license not being there. Take a look at this thread

http://communities.netapp.com/message/36736#36736.

Regards

Amrita

Unfortunately, that is not the case.  This system is fully licensed for NFS (along with just about everything else).  NFS actually is the primary data store type for the VMware environment.

At first I thought it was because of thier legacy firewalled network, but we just re-located the filer to a new datacenter, and the networks are no longer heavily firewalled from one another.

Thanks again.

-Jody

vmsjaak13

VSC 2.0.1 got released yesterday (see NOW software changelog), although the download page currently errors out with a http 404.

Regards,

Niek

amritad

It should be out today.

Regards

Amrita

amritad

vmsjaak13

Correct, now the link actually works, it didn't a couple of hours ago.

The changelog doesn't mention the "nfs license not installed" bug.

Guess I'll install it in my lab and see what happens.

Niek

amritad

It's fixed.

Regards

Amrita

Public