Hello Guys ;
This is a known issue after upgrading the VSC :
After configuring, upgrading, or sustained use of Backup and Recovery (also known as SMVI) through Virtual Storage Console (VSC), the logs report the following error message every 30 minutes:
Failed to authenticate vSphere sessionId %s
This is due to missing, invalid, or inaccurate vCenter credentials stored within the backup jobs configured within Backup and Recovery, or the global credentials being used for backups.
To prevent this error message from appearing, verify the following:
- Global vCenter credentials match RBAC requirements from VSC 2.1 or VSC 2.1.1 (or refer to the document for the appropriate VSC version)
- Each backup job configured within VSC has been set to use 'Default vCenter Credentials'
- The user configured is a local administrator on the local server
- The user configured does not have restrictive permissions within any component of vCenter (vCenter, Datacenter, ESX Cluster, ESX host, Datastores, and so on)
- The user configured does not have a disabled account on the local server or the Active Directory