VMware Solutions Discussions

VSC 4.0 Upgrade, Lost all Backup Jobs

chad_petrie

Hello,

We upgraded our VSC this morning from 2.2 to 4.0 and lost all of our backups. We were able to recover a backup of the VSC directory on the server last night, but we are not sure if there is a config that we can import to recover all of our backup jobs. We would really like to recover some how as we have so many jobs that manually recreating would be very cumbersome.

4 REPLIES 4

alessandro_difenza

Hi, I've the same problem, any suggest?

Regards

dandillharsch

I had this same thing happen.  Lame.

I see there is a directory here: C:\Program Files\NetApp\Virtual Storage Console\smvi\server\repository\backup\jobs

looks like it stores those jobs in XML format, however I have nothing in there now after the upgrade, so perhaps the upgrade deleted them?  Also not sure the xml compatibility between vsc 2.x and 4.

GARDINEC_EBRD

Just trying the upgrade in a test environment, upgrading from VSC 2.1.2 to 4.0 on a vCenter 5.0 Update 1 server running on Windows 2008 R2.  I have the same issue - lost all backup jobs...

GARDINEC_EBRD

Just re-ran the upgrade from 2.1.2 to 4.0 in test.  This time, when the installer asked "Do you want to completely delete the contents of the Virtual Storage Console?" I selected No rather than the default of Yes.  Now I still have my backups post-upgrade.

It does actually say select 'No' in the install/admin guide on page 27 near the bottom of the page, but it is easy to miss.

Public