VMware Solutions Discussions

VSC support for vSphere 6.7U2

Which version of VSC will support vSphere 6.7 U2?

8 REPLIES 8

Re: VSC support for vSphere 6.7U2

The IMT is your friend with stuff like this.   https://mysupport.netapp.com/matrix/#welcome

But doesn't look like u2 is in there yet though.   u1 is compatiable with 7.2.1 of the VSC though.  Probably along that path then. 

Hi,

We are doing full testing with 6.7U2 and targeting support with our next Unified Virtual Appliance release this summer (current plan is to call this release 9.6, in line with ONTAP).  This release also has a completely new HTML5 interface.

---Karl

Any update on this? the only thing blocking us from updateding to 6.7U2 is the lack of NetApp support.

Hi,

We still plan to qualify our next release of the virtual appliance (9.6) with vCenter 6.7U2.  This release is for the vSphere Client (HTML5) only, and is targeted for release at the end of July.  I have a build running in my lab and it looks good and performs better than the Flash/Flex client.

We have done some testing of VSC 7.2.1 with 6.7U2 and it seems to work OK.  However, there were some VASA/VVol changes with this vCenter release that we had to make corresponding changes for.  So it works for traditional datastores, but due to this VVol issue we can't qualify it and list it in the NetApp IMT.

---Karl

@konnerth wrote:

Hi,

We still plan to qualify our next release of the virtual appliance (9.6) with vCenter 6.7U2.  This release is for the vSphere Client (HTML5) only, and is targeted for release at the end of July.  I have a build running in my lab and it looks good and performs better than the Flash/Flex client.

We have done some testing of VSC 7.2.1 with 6.7U2 and it seems to work OK.  However, there were some VASA/VVol changes with this vCenter release that we had to make corresponding changes for.  So it works for traditional datastores, but due to this VVol issue we can't qualify it and list it in the NetApp IMT.

---Karl

Hello Karl,

what about interoperability of VSC/VASA/SRA 7.2.1 with SRM 8.1.2 and 8.2 ?

Thanks,

Fabio

Hi,

I recently confirmed with Engineering that support for a release like 8.1 also implies that update releases like 8.1.1 and 8.1.2 are supported.  We have been adding these update releases to the Interoperability Matrix Tool recently to clarify this.  I will check on adding 8.1.2 as  well.

SRM 8.2 support (Windows, not Photon appliance) had been targeted to the end of the year but we are looking at options to qualify it sooner with the upcoming 9.6 appliance release.  We are also looking at options for VMware certification.  Is there any need to support the older Flex/Flash client or SRM 8.1 if we have support for HTML5 with SRM 8.2?

---Karl

@konnerth wrote:

Hi,

I recently confirmed with Engineering that support for a release like 8.1 also implies that update releases like 8.1.1 and 8.1.2 are supported.  We have been adding these update releases to the Interoperability Matrix Tool recently to clarify this.  I will check on adding 8.1.2 as  well.

SRM 8.2 support (Windows, not Photon appliance) had been targeted to the end of the year but we are looking at options to qualify it sooner with the upcoming 9.6 appliance release.  We are also looking at options for VMware certification.  Is there any need to support the older Flex/Flash client or SRM 8.1 if we have support for HTML5 with SRM 8.2?

---Karl

Many thanks! I asked because on IMT tool in "NetApp FAS V-Series Storage Replication Adapter" selecting "Storage Replication Adapter 7.2.1 for ONTAP" only SRM 6.5.1 and 8.1.1 are declared compatible.

About your question "Is there any need to support the older Flex/Flash client" I don't think we need it, in my opinion HTMTL5 is sufficient (and Flash is in EOL next year https://theblog.adobe.com/adobe-flash-update/)

Yes, I will be happy to see the vSphere Flash client go away.  I've been using our new HTMl5 plugin in the lab for several weeks now and I am very happy with it! 

We added SRM 8.1.2 to the SRA 7.2.1 listing in IMT last night.

---Karl

Forums