Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

AIQUM 9.11 Notification do not match details

MNazareth

Two weeks after installation , I addressed most issues notified. But now I realize that the number of notifications in AIQUM 9.11 to the top right do not match the detailed records.

For example, It shows 8 capacity notification but when I click that, it shows only 2 capacity issues that needs to be addressed.    

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

hamdani

They are events when you click on AIQUM > Dashboard > Capacity > 8-Events (as you mention)
It may show you two or three events and you have an option to click on "View All" and that will take you event management page where it will show you filtered 8 events if that is the capacity event number you see under dashboard

If this is not happening we may need to capture the HTTP Request (HAR) file and investigate more what rest call was running and where the break is...

In my lab i was not able to reproduce this behavior in aiqum 9.11.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

RossC

Hi @MNazareth 

A couple of questions to help understand your issue further,

1.  When you view the alert in UM, what is the "Event Origin" for the event related to the alert? For example does the Event Origin field say "Active IQ Portal" or "ActiveIQ Unified Manager"?
  2. What was the time between you addressing the Capacity issue, and re-appearing/re-alerting in UM?

Additionally, I did see this KB Article which may help - https://kb.netapp.com/Advice_and_Troubleshooting/Data_Infrastructure_Management/Active_IQ_Unified_Manager/Active_IQ_Unified_Manager_keeps_sending_aler...

MNazareth

The notification number of items does not match the existing alerts. These are not reoccurring so there is no real alert. Shows 8 errors on the "Bell" notification icon on top right - when I click it's a different number - Shouldn't it display 8 errors?

hamdani

They are events when you click on AIQUM > Dashboard > Capacity > 8-Events (as you mention)
It may show you two or three events and you have an option to click on "View All" and that will take you event management page where it will show you filtered 8 events if that is the capacity event number you see under dashboard

If this is not happening we may need to capture the HTTP Request (HAR) file and investigate more what rest call was running and where the break is...

In my lab i was not able to reproduce this behavior in aiqum 9.11.

Public