Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

Adding SVC Data Source

TROY_HECTOR

Hi,

I'm adding an SVC Data Source in OnCommand Insight 6.4.0 and keep getting parsing problem in ip:10.11.250.xxx

It is unable to acquire inventory but the I am able to connect the another 2 SVC's that have the same data source settings. The only difference I can see, is a difference in the SVC code levels.

Has anyway encountered this before was able to resolve this and how?

regards,

T

7 REPLIES 7

ostiguy

Just to close this thread out - Troy is all set on the inventory front with the latest IBM SVC patch from OCI engineering. We are waiting longer to confirm performance collection is reliable.

The takeaway:

If you are planning on upgrading to SVC 6.4.1.5 or higher, you want to plan for either:

Upgrading to OCI 6.4.2

Installing Data Source Service Pack 6.4.1.2 onto 6.4.1

Opening a case with NetApp support to see if there is a patch for your old version of OCI

6.4.2 and 6.4.1.2 are expected in December

ostiguy

Hey Troy,

What is the problematic SVC code rev? Some recent SVC firmware changes the .xml fomat output we parse - 6.4.0.5 was one. I believe the problem also occurs on 7.1.x.y, but I am not sure which specific version. We have a datasource patch that can solve this particular issue.

Matt

TROY_HECTOR

Hi Matt,

The SVC I am having a problem with is running firmware v7.1.0.1.

Please can you provide with a link to the datasource patch so that I can read more.

Thanks,

Troy

ostiguy

Hey Troy,

Did you get my private message?

TROY_HECTOR

No, I did not get a pm from you. Please can you point me in the right direction.

Thanks, Troy

ostiguy

You should have a couple PMs from me now.

TROY_HECTOR

Hi Matt, I have still not received any direct messages from you, unless I am looking in the wrong place. Please email me at prodigy6630@gmail.com. Thanks

Announcements
NetApp on Discord Image

We're on Discord, are you?

Live Chat, Watch Parties, and More!

Explore Banner

Meet Explore, NetApp’s digital sales platform

Engage digitally throughout the sales process, from product discovery to configuration, and handle all your post-purchase needs.

Public