Community maintenance is complete. Thank you for your patience!

Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

Automated OnCommand 5 setup for WFA

balbeer

Hey guys,

I have a OC5 built on a Linux platform, where the installation directory of OC5 is under default location /opt/NTAPDfm, but the database is on a NetApp LUN, not in the default location, i.e.: /opt/NTAPdfm. This for the purposes of backup of OC5 database backups using snapshots, that is fully integrated. Now, from an OC5 perspective, everything is fine and no issues. The problem i am stuck with is the execution of wfa_oc5setup.sh script/tool which creates a "WFA" user in OC5 DFM database, and this fails without logging any information, and kills my SSH session as well.

I am following the exact steps as part of Appendix D in WFA Install & admin guide, but no luck.

In addition, I have tried executing the wfa_oc5setup.sh script to both /opt/NTAPdfm and also against the mount point, where the actual OC5 DFM database is located, but fails and kills my SSH session.

Now, I am assuming that either the script "wfa_oc5setup.sh" script doesn't handle well where the actual installer is in a different location than the OC5 DFM database, as it may be looking for java binaries?

has anyone seen this?

Balbeer

3 REPLIES 3

pwl
NetApp Alumni

hi bb

iirc the script just runs a bunch of dfm commands to set up a new user, but expectes to run from a particular directory (can't rememebr which)

if your environment is inside netapp, send me the connection details & i'll have a look for you.

balbeer

That’s correct. I try to do an old way, by creating a user in DFM db, and given access to the db tables, but WFA doesn’t like it. Anyways, the directory that it usually looks for is the java/bin directory under the install, and assumes that the DB is in the same location tree, and I believe this is hard coded in the script itself. Which I cannot change as its an executable…. Anyways, I couldn’t be bother for a time being, but I re-installed OC5 with DB & binaries in one location for testing purpose and this is working OK.

Hopefully, there is a reasonably good & simple update to this scripts provided, if not, in some customers this could be a problem where the DB is stored in a different location.

Cheers, b

girirp

Hi Balbeer,

Your points are absolutely correct. WFA script looks at $1st_parameter/java/bin. I will send you a workaround to handle this. Please check your email.

Announcements
NetApp on Discord Image

We're on Discord, are you?

Live Chat, Watch Parties, and More!

Explore Banner

Meet Explore, NetApp’s digital sales platform

Engage digitally throughout the sales process, from product discovery to configuration, and handle all your post-purchase needs.

NetApp Insights to Action
I2A Banner
Public