Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

Can't create support bundle, not enough space

PHILIPALBERT

Hi,

I'm trying to create a support bundle on my OnCommand Performance Manager 2.0 VM, but there's not enough space.

How can I add more space? I can add it in VMware, but how do I do it in Performance Manager?

P.S. My performance manager services are not starting, that's why I want the support bundle. But I can SSH into the appliance.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

juliad

Hi,

Could you go to /var/log/ocf/heap-dump to see if there are any files there? If there are, move them to the /data disk. That will free some space on the root volume.

You can also delete the recording files:

/var/log/ocie/recording/*.*

Check how much space you are able to free up.  Then generate the support bundle again. 

Julia

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Anoop

Hi,

Did u try reserving the dedicated resources required for the VM? This KB might help you:

https://kb.netapp.com/support/index?page=content&id=3014747

Regards,

Anoop

If this post resolved your issue, help others by selecting ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or adding a KUDO.

PHILIPALBERT

Hi Anoop,

Thanks for the suggestion but I did and it's still not working.

Looks like the root partition doesn't have enough space.

I openned a ticket with Netapp to see if it's possible to resize it.

Thanks

juliad

Hi,

Could you go to /var/log/ocf/heap-dump to see if there are any files there? If there are, move them to the /data disk. That will free some space on the root volume.

You can also delete the recording files:

/var/log/ocie/recording/*.*

Check how much space you are able to free up.  Then generate the support bundle again. 

Julia

View solution in original post

PHILIPALBERT

I made a support call and they deleted a bunch of logs.

I was able to install the update.

Thanks

Announcements
NetApp on Discord Image

We're on Discord, are you?

Live Chat, Watch Parties, and More!

Explore Banner

Meet Explore, NetApp’s digital sales platform

Engage digitally throughout the sales process, from product discovery to configuration, and handle all your post-purchase needs.

Public