Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

FAS270 Web Interface

jeremy_david_iomedia

Hello,

It's me again. In a previous post a asked how to reset the FAS270 to factory defaults.

I was not able to find a user manuan neither in our internal "Archives" or on the web so I must rely on your experience.

After totaly wiping all the data from the disks i wanted to use the web interface, but it says that servlets are not enabled.

So how to enable them ?

Thanks

23 REPLIES 23

MPUMPHREY

I do have NOW access but they have locked me out of downloading OnTap.

I am shure I am not the only one having this issue, but it sure feels like it.

Our company had bought both EMC and Netapp years ago to evaluate, and we went with EMC.

Now we are looking at replacing EMC because of the high maintenance costs and I was told to take this Netapp out of mothballs and see what it can do.

Well you know the rest.

I can build it our via CLI but really would prefer the web based gui.

paulstringfellow

So be worth speaking to your local NetApp partner about helping you to do that, the 270 is maybe not the best way of showing what the NetApp filer can do, as the 270 is long since dead!

Although it does run OnTap 7.3.3

Have you tried System Manager 1.1 or even 2.0 if you want to try the beta version of that, as really that is the way that NetApp will manage their filers going forward, filerview will be retired in the not too distant future I would suggest.

System Manager doesn’t rely on the filerview GUI, so maybe that could fix your problem, strictly speaking doesn’t support the 270, but can be “made” to work…

Not sure if that helps, but certainly rather than worry about filverview, see if you can get System Manager up and running and that may give you a better idea of NetApp functionality.

R

Paul.

MPUMPHREY

Here is the latest and final word from our vendor.

"

Hi Mark,

I do not like to bearer of bad news, but I had my engineer try to get a software download for your system and the NetApp (End of Service) EOS for software on the FAS250 was November 30, 2010.  We do not have access to Data OnTap for the FAS250.

Without an active NetApp service contract, NetApp will not allow us to call into NetApp support on your behalf.

I apologize for the inconvenience.

Thanks,"

Nice....and System Manager does not connect with the older OnTap we have and I can not get an older version to play with.

Wow, more than disappointed with the service provided after spending $30 thousand+ on the device.

Public