Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

How do I delete Storage Array from OCI with No IP or Data source ?

MOSINKHAN

How do I delete Storage Array from OCI with No IP or Data source ?

6 REPLIES 6

neric

Mosin,

Can you provide a bit more detail on what you are trying to do?  Which version of OCI are you running?  Has it been decommissioned and that it why there is no IP?

Eric

MOSINKHAN

OCI version 6.4

I had a EMC frame listed in Storage array but there is no source for it. It has been decommissioned  and need to remove it from the OCI. No option to delete it.

Thanks Eric.

ostiguy

Hey Mosin,

This phenomena is referred to as "ghost datasources". There is a way for end users to detect them, but remediation requires help from NetApp. Perform the steps below, and save the output. Open a case with NetApp support, and state that you have ghost datasources in OCI, and need help remediating.

1. Log into the OnCommand Insight Admin Portal.
  2. In the Main Menu, click the Troubleshooting link.
  3. Click the Find Ghost Datasources link.OnCommand Insight produces a list of originators with their device information.

Matt

MOSINKHAN

Hey Matt,

Thank you for the steps, I tried those  steps that you listed but when I clicked on "Find Ghost Data sources  Link" it gets hanged. No information listed , Is there any other way to resolve it ?

Regards,

Mosin

ostiguy

Hey Mosin,

Yes, that find ghost.... link can take a long time to run. I have never seen it timeout, but it may take awhile to run

MOSINKHAN

Thank u ..That was correct  Answer!

Public