Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

How to View WFA DB

lil_baby_james

What tools are there out there that I could use to see the WFA database populated by OCUM? Is there an internal capability in WFA, or does NetApp reccommend something?

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

NICKBARTON
The WFA database is MySQL based so you can use any MySQL based tool to view it. I personally usually use the portable version of heidisql. You can use the following credentials to connect to WFA database:
User: wfa
Pass: Wfa123

There are references on the documentation on how to do this as well. There is also love scheme information in the help section once you log into your WFA instance.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

NICKBARTON
The WFA database is MySQL based so you can use any MySQL based tool to view it. I personally usually use the portable version of heidisql. You can use the following credentials to connect to WFA database:
User: wfa
Pass: Wfa123

There are references on the documentation on how to do this as well. There is also love scheme information in the help section once you log into your WFA instance.

MartinRohrbach

Note that if you're not working _on_ the WFA server, you first ened to enable public access to the database using

.\wfa --db-access=public --restart

See docs for details.

lil_baby_james

Thanks for that information. Would have probably missed it if you hadn't mentioned it.

Jim_Robertson

Could you elaborate a bit more on exactly how you connect to the WFA database?  I am trying to use HeidiSQL from the WFA server, and I keep getting an error "Can't connect to MySQL server on 'ServerName' (10061)".

I've tried using the server name, IP, and "localhost", but I get the same error for all of them.  I've also tried using the wfa account, the wfa admin account, and my Windows domain account (all of which work when I log into WFA through the web interface).  I've also made sure that the database is set to public.  I am able to log into the OCUM database with the same HeidiSQL instance, so I'm not sure what it is I'm doing wrong.  Do you have any suggestions?  I wasn't able to find anything helpful in the MySQL 5.7 help.

NICKBARTON

@Jim_Robertson

For my connection directly on the WFA server I use the loopback address for the localhost 127.0.0.1. Username is wfa and password is wfa123.. 

Check Here for some help information on connecting and using the playground database. Hope this helps. If not let me know and we can dig into it some more. 

Screen Shot 2017-08-04 at 5.20.24 PM.png

Jim_Robertson

Thanks for the responses, Nick!  Sorry, somehow I missed this response until now, but it did help me to fix my problem.  I realized that I had changed the password for the 'wfa' user account within WFA, but apparently the 'wfa' account that you use to access the database is different, and by using the default password, I was able to log in.

Thanks for all the help!

NICKBARTON
Man autocorrect got me.. live not love.
Public