If you missed the pre-registration for NetApp MS Azure AD B2C, the new login prompt will offer the option to register. Please note that access to your NetApp data may take up to 1 hour.
To learn more, read the FAQ and watch the video.
Need assistance? Complete this form and select “Registration Issue” as the Feedback Category.

Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

How to get rid of "cifs-session-get-iter" from harvst.

ShuheiEndo

Hello,

We are using harvest to get performance on cDOT 8.2 and 8.3.

Now we found a bug burt969339.(http://mysupport.netapp.com/NOW/cgi-bin/bol?Type=Detail&Display=969339)
So we want to stop executing "cifs-session-get-iter" from harvst. (we want to continue to use others)

Which part of code shuold we modify?

Regards,
Shuhei

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

madden

Hi @ShuheiEndo,

Harvest uses "perf-object-get-instances" API call to get CIFS related stats.  It accesses the counter manager subsystem which keeps track of stats pushed to it by other subsystems.  I asked engineering if the bug could be caused via an API call to CIFS counters in counter manager and receved back:

> The counters are safe to query any time.

So I can confirm that Harvest cannot cause this bug.

Cheers,
Chris Madden

Storage Architect, NetApp EMEA (and author of Harvest)

Blog: It all begins with data

If this post resolved your issue, please help others by selecting ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or adding a KUDO

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

madden

Hi @ShuheiEndo,

Harvest does not call this API so no edits are needed to avoid this bug.  If you think Harvest is somehow causing you to hit this bug please send me a private message with more info including the support case #.

Cheers,
Chris Madden

If this post resolved your issue, please help others by selecting ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or adding a KUDO

madden

Hi @ShuheiEndo,

Harvest uses "perf-object-get-instances" API call to get CIFS related stats.  It accesses the counter manager subsystem which keeps track of stats pushed to it by other subsystems.  I asked engineering if the bug could be caused via an API call to CIFS counters in counter manager and receved back:

> The counters are safe to query any time.

So I can confirm that Harvest cannot cause this bug.

Cheers,
Chris Madden

View solution in original post

ShuheiEndo

@madden

Thank you so much.

We restarted our harvest again !

(yes, harvest uses only numbers, not client's computer names)

bobshouseofcards

As an aside, cDot 8.3.2P1 is now available which contains a fix for this bug. This patch level was released on the support site on April 15th.  I had to install it Saturday to deal with another of the bug fixes it addressed - stable in our operation so far.  I can't comment on how well it addresses the CIFS session issue as we've never hit that bug in practice.

Hope this helps.

Bob Greenwald

Lead Storage Engineer | Consilio

NCIE SAN cDot, Data Protection

Kudos and accepted solutions are always appreciated

Thank you, Bob.

I'll consider to upgrade.

Announcements
NetApp on Discord Image

We're on Discord, are you?

Live Chat, Watch Parties, and More!

Explore Banner

Meet Explore, NetApp’s digital sales platform

Engage digitally throughout the sales process, from product discovery to configuration, and handle all your post-purchase needs.

Public