The transition to NetApp MS Azure AD B2C is complete. If you missed the pre-registration, you will be invited to reigister at next log in.
Please note that access to your NetApp data may take up to 1 hour.
To learn more, read the FAQ and watch the video.
Need assistance? Complete this form and select “Registration Issue” as the Feedback Category.

Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

How to simulate and measure the perfomance impact of a node-ctl failure within an HA in AIQUM

JavierBarea

Hello people

i was wondering after a customer sent a doubt to me, if AIQUM is able to simulate and measure the impact of CPU/IOPs that can handle one of the HApair in case of failure of the partner.

I would like something exactly or pretty similar to this that exstsed in OCPM (Perfomance Mgr) long time ago where you can assess this behavior.

see this to compare & respond to me

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=42o4BOiajg0&list=PLdXI3bZJEw7mp3jFSg0IJgo3oeDQRY-Gl&index=21

Thanks in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

niels

Short answer: Yes it does.

This is a screenshot from current AIQUM 9.9 (also existed in earlier versions).

As you can see there is a tab called "Failover Planning" covering exactly this use case:

FailoverPlanning.png

To get there go to

Inventory

> Storage

> Nodes

Under "View" select "Performance - All Nodes" - click on the node of interest.

Kind regards, Niels

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

paul_stejskal

One thing that you can consider too is there is a bit of headroom in the CPU failover with increased latencies up to about 70%/70%. It's pretty hard to keep it right at 50/50 (or some split totaling 100%) all the time, so you do have a bit extra to use. There are some background processes that run but given the combined CPU space onto a single node, if they run at all during failover, they get even less execution time.

That's a good ground rule that you can use in addition to the failover planning.

JavierBarea

Appreciated The feedback

niels

Short answer: Yes it does.

This is a screenshot from current AIQUM 9.9 (also existed in earlier versions).

As you can see there is a tab called "Failover Planning" covering exactly this use case:

FailoverPlanning.png

To get there go to

Inventory

> Storage

> Nodes

Under "View" select "Performance - All Nodes" - click on the node of interest.

Kind regards, Niels

View solution in original post

JavierBarea

thx for the quick answer Niels,

perfect

BestRegards

Announcements
NetApp on Discord Image

We're on Discord, are you?

Live Chat, Watch Parties, and More!

Explore Banner

Meet Explore, NetApp’s digital sales platform

Engage digitally throughout the sales process, from product discovery to configuration, and handle all your post-purchase needs.

NetApp Insights to Action
I2A Banner
Public