Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

How to take backup of Customized Workflows Developed

kailas

Currenlty, I am using WFA for automation of the operations On NetApp Array. For that, if needed sometimes I write my own workflows.

Now current state of the system is I have written lots of custome workflows and I wanted to take backup of all those workflow, so that in future even if system goes down I could 

be able to apply those workflows in newly configured WFA. how to do that.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

sivakumar_sekar

Details of the each workflow will be available inside "backup.sql".

When we restore the backup file in another WFA machine all the workflows/commands will be displayed.

For each workflow also we can take backup using below steps:

Step1:

Go to Designer tab ->click on Commands and by pressing Unlock icon the relevant command will be unlocked:

We need to unlock which we required.

Unlock.png

Step2:

Go to Designer Tab -> click on Workflows and unlock the workflow then Export Icon will be enabled as mentioned in above snapshot or if we right click on workflow,

there will be on option called export which we can take backup only that purticular workflow.

For more details, please let us know your convinient time to have webEx.

-Shiva

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

sivakumar_sekar

Hi,

In WFA, Click on Administration -> Backup & Restore

For taking back please Click on "Backup" and Backup zip will be downloaded.

-Shiva

kailas

Hi Shiva,

I tried the same thing earlier but when I opened that .zip file I was not able to find the workflows I developed.

Where can I found those, does it create seprated files in that zip for each workflow or how does it work

Thanks,

Kailas

sivakumar_sekar

Details of the each workflow will be available inside "backup.sql".

When we restore the backup file in another WFA machine all the workflows/commands will be displayed.

For each workflow also we can take backup using below steps:

Step1:

Go to Designer tab ->click on Commands and by pressing Unlock icon the relevant command will be unlocked:

We need to unlock which we required.

Unlock.png

Step2:

Go to Designer Tab -> click on Workflows and unlock the workflow then Export Icon will be enabled as mentioned in above snapshot or if we right click on workflow,

there will be on option called export which we can take backup only that purticular workflow.

For more details, please let us know your convinient time to have webEx.

-Shiva

Public