We are migrating the 7-Mode DFM/Protection/Performance server from the current datacenter to a new datacenter, and in the process will be upgrading the DFM version and DFM hostname. DFM database is hosted on iSCSI LUN which has been snapmirrored to the new datacenter. Problems encountered when attempting to point the new DFM server dfm database settings at the iSCSI drive.
Both old and new DFM hosts are Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard SP1
oldDFMhost running DFM v5.0.2
newDFMhost running DFM v126.96.36.19933
1. dfm service stop on oldDFMhost
2. final snapmirror update of iSCSI LUN to new data center.
3. snapmirror quiesce and break
4. snapdrive 6.5 connect iSCSI LUN to mount point on newDFMhost
5. dfm service start sql on newDFMhost
6. dfm database set on newDFMhost
Result was screen displayed database conversion percentage working its way up to 100% where it then hung and prompt never came back.
Second (and multiple) attempts:
1. snapdrive disconnect iscsi drive from newDFMhost
2. snapmirror resync from source iscsi LUN on oldDFMhost
3. dfm backup create -t snapshot on oldDFMhost
4. snapmirror update, quiesce, break.
5. snapdrive 6.5 connect iSCSI LUN to mount point on newDFMhost