Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

Multiple OCUM Instances monitoring a single C-Mode Cluster

darraghos
Guys, is it possible to run multiple OCUM instance against a single cluster? The reason for this is i want to use a lab instance to test building custom reports with OCUM 7.3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

serj

Hi, It is a quit old question but I found it only today. Maybe it is still relevant.

According to the documentation it is possible to monitor one cluster with two UM instances with one small condition: you should have two cluster management interfaces.

From: http://docs.netapp.com/ocum-73/topic/com.netapp.doc.onc-um-ag/GUID-00E5544B-347A-44B1-9CC2-08937C205AB4.html

You can monitor a single cluster by two instances of Unified Manager provided that you have configured a second cluster-management LIF on the cluster so that each instance of Unified Manager connects through a different LIF.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

DJ-Potsdam

Hi Mate,

How are you?

I cannot think about a possibility for this not to work. As long as the ports are open, it should work from both instences

I have not tested this since it was never required for me. Let us know how it goes.

Have a good one!

Cheers,

DJ-Potsdam 

**edited out by the moderator**

serj

Hi, It is a quit old question but I found it only today. Maybe it is still relevant.

According to the documentation it is possible to monitor one cluster with two UM instances with one small condition: you should have two cluster management interfaces.

From: http://docs.netapp.com/ocum-73/topic/com.netapp.doc.onc-um-ag/GUID-00E5544B-347A-44B1-9CC2-08937C205AB4.html

You can monitor a single cluster by two instances of Unified Manager provided that you have configured a second cluster-management LIF on the cluster so that each instance of Unified Manager connects through a different LIF.

View solution in original post

darraghos

Thank you!

Announcements
NetApp on Discord Image

We're on Discord, are you?

Live Chat, Watch Parties, and More!

Explore Banner

Meet Explore, NetApp’s digital sales platform

Engage digitally throughout the sales process, from product discovery to configuration, and handle all your post-purchase needs.

NetApp Insights to Action
I2A Banner
Public