Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

NA_WFA_SRV fails to start...version 1.1/Windows 2008R2 SP1

nels

I just built out a WFA VM using 1.1.1 and Windows 2008R2 SP1.  The WFA service silently fails (the service manage indicates running), with the following error in the System Log in Event manager

The LoadLibrary function failed for the following reason: The specified module could not be found.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Steve Nelson

EIA PacNW

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

yaronh

Hi Steve,

I would like to reaffirm what Kevin wrote (I offered a possible solution for him to raise as I was away).

Here's the link again:

https://communities.netapp.com/people/yaronh/blog/2012/03/14/getting-started-with-wfa-literally

Please let us know if that was the case.

If it was - It was already handled in 2.0

Best,

Yaron Haimsohn

WFA team

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

hill

Hi Steve,

It sounds like the install may not have worked successfully.  A couple of questions:

• Have you looked at the WFA Install and Setup Guide?  Sorry... have to ask
  • Did you right click on the WFA install package and select to install as Administrator?
  • Were there any messages about ports in use (port 80?).  if so, WFA requires port 80, so it would be best to disable IIS (the normal culprit)
  • If you've done all these things... can you please try uninstalling and then try installing once more?

It's hard to say what's going on, but at the very least, I hope this helps, even if only a little.

Best,

Kevin

nels

Answers to above...

1. Yes - looked at it...followed all the pre-reqs. 

2. Yes, installed as Administrator

3.  No messages about port 80.  I have two VMs - one with just .NET 3.5.1 installed and one with IIS fully disabled

4. Uninstalled and re-installed a couple of times.

This is part of the Java VM - a secondary message in the Event Monitor was what indicated that the JVM failed, but he Service Manager still indicated it being running. 

Would this be a CLASSPATH issue?  Do I need to explicitly set that in the Environment variable section?  I will set it, point it to the path of the JRE and see if that helps.

Any other ideas?

Thanks!

-s

hill

Hi Steve,

Maybe.  This looks like a "rare" issue that happens sometimes.  Yaron has done a great job at walking through what might help you in this situation.... he has a blog serieies that you can access on the WFA Communities landing page, just under the 'WFA Starter Kit' on the left... but just to make extra special sure... please go look at his original post in March 2012 in this BLOG.

Hope this does the trick... if not, please let us know.

Best,

Kevin

yaronh

Hi Steve,

I would like to reaffirm what Kevin wrote (I offered a possible solution for him to raise as I was away).

Here's the link again:

https://communities.netapp.com/people/yaronh/blog/2012/03/14/getting-started-with-wfa-literally

Please let us know if that was the case.

If it was - It was already handled in 2.0

Best,

Yaron Haimsohn

WFA team

nels

This fixed it!  Thanks...

-s

Public