Effective December 3, NetApp adopts Microsoft’s Business-to-Customer (B2C) identity management to simplify and provide secure access to NetApp resources.
For accounts that did not pre-register (prior to Dec 3), access to your NetApp data may take up to 1 hour as your legacy NSS ID is synchronized to the new B2C identity.
To learn more, read the FAQ and watch the video.
Need assistance? Complete this form and select “Registration Issue” as the Feedback Category.

Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

NAbox not able to upgrade

dyoung

When I try to upgrade nabox from 2.3 to version 2.4b through the admin web site it gives the following error. Any ideas what might be causing it? I can open the tgz file and it does not seem to corrupted.

Cannot prepare for upgradeERROR Cannot move upgrade bundleERROR Cannot uncompress upgrade bundleERROR Bundle not recognized

5 REPLIES 5

ngregory

I went from 2.3 to 2.4.2 yesterday.  Pre-upgrade dashboards were fine. Post upgrade I run into alot of this....

2018-01-03_11-41-29.jpg

A lot of "internal server error" corner flags now.

MarkN

same here. Any Solution on this?

ngregory

So I worked with Yann on this one for a couple days.  I never broke through WHY the initial deployment of 2.4.2 would fail after 75% progress.  But as for the upgrade from version 2.3 to 2.4.2...

I was able to throw more vCPUs (4 vs the default 2) at the VM and I also learned that if you try to view ALL volumes while in the dashboard "NetApp Detail: Volume" the internal server error flags show up.  I never ran into this with previous versions of NABox but I'm fine knowing that if I select a handful of volumes AT MOST I can avoid the error condition.  Personally, I can work within that requirement.  Perhaps there is a total volume count that "breaks" the dashboard when hit - I typically drill down into a single volume when troubleshooting or trending anyway.

So as far as I can tell, this workaround gets me over the hump.

Greg

ngregory

rcasero

Any fix to this upgrade issue from 2.3 to 2.4 ? 

Announcements
NetApp on Discord Image

We're on Discord, are you?

Live Chat, Watch Parties, and More!

Explore Banner

Meet Explore, NetApp’s digital sales platform

Engage digitally throughout the sales process, from product discovery to configuration, and handle all your post-purchase needs.

NetApp Insights to Action
I2A Banner
Public