Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

NMC is extremely slow while loading Performance Advisor views over the Network

JGPSHNTAP

So, We have oncommand Core 5.1 on a huge physical server, 24 core, 32GB of ram, servicing 200 Filers, with Performance Advisor enabled on about 170 filers.  PA data is currently 200GB+

When I launch the NMC directly from the server, PA is flying and I can move around the screens without issue.

When I fire up the NMC and try to load PA from my desktop over a 1Gb connection it can barely work.  All i'm presented with is a moving bar that goes back and forth.

I'm wondering if the issue is either my desktop or there is something causing the WAN/LAN to affect the NMC. 

Any thoughts or suggestions are more than welcome.

thx

2 REPLIES 2

adaikkap

Hi

The general recommendation is to run NMC on box other than the server. Else there is resource contention between the server and NMC.

One thing I can suggest is to install NMC within the same LAN and launch it from a jump host instead of your Desktop and see if you encounter the same.

Regards

adai

JGPSHNTAP

Adai,

Ok, that's not scalable, especialy when supporting a global enviroment with 200+ filers.   I never had the problem before running the NMC remotely for Performance Advisor.     So what does Netapp Recommend for supporting a global enviroment if only one instance of NMC can be run with Performance Advisor running?

Public