Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

New FAS installs not showing paths and Zone info

kimbd

We have an existing OCI implementation where everything else (older controllers and other vendor arrays) shows their paths and zones, yet our new FAS controllers don't. In the data source it shows that the only data source is the object created to capture the controllers data. There is no switch data sources for these controllers yet the switches they are connected to are collecting data as a data source. There are other controllers on the same switch that the switch shows as a data source. Is there anything in the fabric needed to be set to allow these switches to "recognise" these new controllers?

The fabric is managed separately and we are unsure of how they have configured them, though the controllers are in zone and alias configurations. When looking at the zone tab and the Zone members sub tab, the controller is shown as a generic device with the label being the WWN.

Any help will be great.

Thanks

Darren

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

ostiguy

6.2.3.4 would be SP4 for 6.2.3, which is absolutely not what you are looking for.

You are looking for 6.3.0.4, which is the 4th SP for 6.3.x, and the "0" indicates it is the appropriate binary for 6.3.0.

https://support.netapp.com/NOW/download/software/sanscreen/ServicePacks/

Is the link where all service packs are available

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

ostiguy

Hey Darren,

Something is a bit off here. If the switches the FAS is plugged into are discovered, then the data source microview for the FAS should show both the switches and Ontap datasource.

What do you see in the ports microview for this FAS? Do all the ports you would expect to see appear? Do we show any port connectivity, as in we show what switches those ports are connected to?

What version of OCI is this?

kimbd

Thanks ostiguy,

No ports appear either. I have attached 2 images. Image1  the incorrect showing FAS and Image2 an older FAS implementation showing all ports etc. Both FAS's are on the same switch. The newer FAS has been in for sometime though only recently been zoned etc.

Cheers

Darren

kimbd

Sorry Version 6.3.0

ostiguy

Interesting.

I strongly suspect the issue is a data source issue - Ontap 8.x had some licensing model changes, and we had to make some changes in our Ontap data source to question arrays differently. I think what is happening as it sits is that we are not asking for fc adapters, and perhaps LUNs, as we don't think FCP is installed.

There are 2 routes:

Install Data Source Service Pack 4 - this will update your OCI data source collection code to the latest and greatest - the equivalent of OCI 6.3.3

Upgrade to OCI 6.3.3. I would recommend this path, despite it taking more time than installing a SP. There were a lot of reliability fixes between 6.3.0 and 6.3.3, and 6.3.3 is a far more recommended platform than 6.3.0. By upgrading to 6.3.3, you will consume all the data source, infrastructure (MySQL update, etc) as well as reliability updates.

kimbd

Hi ostiguy,

6.3.3 is not GA as yet. not sure the client would go for that. Probably best to upgrade the SP first. The latest SP I can download is 6.2.3.4. Can this be installed on our current version (6.3.0). If not can you send a link or reference to the version I should download?

Regards

Darren

ostiguy

6.2.3.4 would be SP4 for 6.2.3, which is absolutely not what you are looking for.

You are looking for 6.3.0.4, which is the 4th SP for 6.3.x, and the "0" indicates it is the appropriate binary for 6.3.0.

https://support.netapp.com/NOW/download/software/sanscreen/ServicePacks/

Is the link where all service packs are available

kimbd

Thanks ostiguy,

The SP has seemed to fix the issue. Thank you for your assistance.

Cheers

Darren

Public