The transition to NetApp MS Azure AD B2C is complete. If you missed the pre-registration, you will be invited to reigister at next log in.
Please note that access to your NetApp data may take up to 1 hour.
To learn more, read the FAQ and watch the video.
Need assistance? Complete this form and select “Registration Issue” as the Feedback Category.

Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

OCI New Disk Model - help on string to use

JBARBALACE

Hello folks,

Can someone please help with the correct string to use for H4SMM328 CLAR800?

We have added a new Clariion and the data source is failing for this new disk type.  Any words of wisdom?  I can usually Google and find what I need, but I seem to be coming up short on this one.  

Thank you!

Julia

1 REPLY 1

hotz

Hi Julia,

This is most likely an 800GB SSD with a 600GB/s SAS interface. But since it is an internal name of the array, I can't be entirely sure, so better double check in Unisphere.

In case I'm right, put the following line into the file %SANSCREEN_HOME\wildfly\standalone\deployments\datasources.war\new_disk_models.txt

H4SMM328 CLAR800,HITACHI,H4SMM328 CLAR800,1000000,800,SSD,0.1,500.0,600.0,

Please not that "H4SMM328 CLAR800" could actually contain two white spaces, you can put in a 2nd line with two white spaces in "H4SMM328 CLAR800", like so:

H4SMM328  CLAR800,HITACHI,H4SMM328  CLAR800,1000000,800,SSD,0.1,500.0,600.0,

It will take up to 15 minutes before OCI parses the new_disk_models.txt file again and the datasource acq works.

Hope this helps,

Gerhard

Announcements
NetApp on Discord Image

We're on Discord, are you?

Live Chat, Watch Parties, and More!

Explore Banner

Meet Explore, NetApp’s digital sales platform

Engage digitally throughout the sales process, from product discovery to configuration, and handle all your post-purchase needs.

NetApp Insights to Action
I2A Banner
Public